Thursday, December 4, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

On November 19th at 12:42 am, I officially turned 33 years old. I seriously think that time is speeding up! I can't say that I am anxious about being older, or even looking older. I am fairly content about my life (most of the time) and am pleased with the things I have learned, accomplished, and experienced. So I guess I'll wear my age as a badge of honor of the life I have lived. Maybe I'll hit the panic button as I get closer to 40. :)

Ken had to be out of town for my birthday, but we celebrated before he left for Ohio. He took me out to dinner at Famous Dave's -- yummy ribs! -- and then we were going to go see the new James Bond, but I was too tired. (Maybe I AM feeling my age!) So instead we went home to watch something on PPV and Ken decided to give me my present a few days early.

For about the last 4 or 5 years I have wanted, okay, maybe really closer to coveted, a DSLR camera. Sadly, it never seemed to be in the budget. Well, Ken must have been feeling particularly generous and got me a great bundle deal from Costco; a Canon xsi, 2 lenses, memory card, and a camera bag. I responded appropriately by smothering him with kisses. :)

I am loving playing with my new toy and I am so excited to learn more and hopefully improve my photography skills.


I am grateful for wonderful friends that helped me feel so loved, even while Ken was gone. I received flowers (having fresh flowers makes the whole house feel more beautiful!) and Jen and Brandie watched my kiddos so I could go to a voice lesson (my lesson went really, really well -- I am so happy I am improving!) and do some shopping. It was a great day! Thanks everyone for all the fantastic gifts, but most of all for your friendship, love, and support. I think being 33 will be great!

4 comments:

Becky said...

That is one hot accessory you've got there! Best bit of bling you could get, imho.

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday Carli!
Congratulations on the new camera! I have the same one and I LOVE it. Have fun!

keri said...

Happy Birthday Carli!

shelly said...

Nice camera! I'm glad you had a good birthday. I have to say that 33 was one of my favorite years. That's the year I finally met my love. :) I hope this is a great one for you1