Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The day after.


Yeah, I'm totally bummed.  Still numb from the shock that Mitt was not elected president last night.

For the last year and a half I have been living and breathing presidential politics.  Reading hours of articles and blogs almost everyday.  Watching hours of news and opinion shows.  And then in the last several months, volunteering, going door to door, and going to rallies.  I've had countless discussions with Ken and my friends.

And now?  I'm tired.  I'm disappointed.  Ready to detox myself from the constant input of news.  That and I can't bear to listen to all the armchair quarterbacking when my heart feels like it has been squashed.

I still believe that Mitt is a man made for this moment.  He has spent his entire life working hard and trying to make things successful.  He knows finance, budgets, and business like few other men understand it.  If there was anyone to go through our federal budget line by line and make the tough choices that would keep us from becoming Greece, it was Mitt.  I fear, by the voice of our people, we, and our children and grandchildren, will be crushed by our debt.  I believe our freedoms will be eventually be reduced because of the trillions we owe to others and a government becoming bigger and more intrusive.  I know Mitt could have gone a long way in turning some of our big problems around.  He has the skills.  He has the experience.  And we passed on the next Reagan.

All I know is that it will be a while before I am ready to take my Romney bumper sticker off my van.

UPDATE:
I don't want to forget how many friends reached out to see how I was doing.  My friend Ashley delivered a starbucks carmel apple cider first thing that morning.  She said she thought I needed one.  She is so sweet.  I had friends from all over the country call and text to let me know they were thinking of me.  I even had nice conversations with some of my democrat friends that said they were worried about me.  Everyone was so kind and gentle with my crushed spirit.   Thank you friends!!!

No comments: