Friday, December 28, 2007

The lights at Temple Square

We had the opportunity to go to Utah just before Christmas for my brother's commissioning as an officer in the Army. One of the things on my list to do was to take the kids to see the lights on Temple Square. As usual, they were breathtaking, but it was even more spectacular seeing it through my children's eyes. The night was clear (and cold) with a beautiful moon. We all loved seeing the life sized nativity scenes and hearing the story from Luke. The lights were everywhere and the buildings seemed to radiate. There was a beautiful spirit there as we took in the the sights. I especially loved seeing the Christus through the window of the visitor's center. The temple is incredible and I am so grateful for those beautiful covenants and blessings we receive within those sacred walls. Ken kept wondering when I would put down the camera, but it was all so beautiful! Here are a few of my favorites....

No comments: