Thursday, December 6, 2007

A personal connection...

The other day I was catching up on some of the Mitt blogs that I go to. I was reading on Evangelicals for Mitt, when I recognized the name Reed Fisher in a post. I followed the link and found an entry with pictures that showed our good family friend and former Bishop. His neighborhood was really affected by the San Diego fires and the Fishers (just barely) were able to keep their home. The huge tree in the front yard was not so lucky and was burned. Someone had called from church to ask if any help was needed. Brother Fisher mentioned that he needed help removing the stump and roots of the tree. He was told there would be people there to help 7:00 am the next morning. Well, one of the people that went to help was Matt Romney and his dad who was in town tagged along to help! Without any press or entourage Mitt took a chain saw and did his best with the others to remove that darn stump.

I bet the Fishers were surprised that someone running for the highest office in the land would show up to help them. I think this shows the type of man the Governor Romney is. Just another reason I support him.

I wish I were tech savvy so I could post the links to blogs for pictures and a more detailed account. In any case, you can check out...
www.mittromney.com (go to the five brothers blog and scroll down to a day in the life)
www.evangelicalsformitt.com
http://mydryfly.wordpress.com
www.mymanmitt.com (go into the archives for 11/25 - 12/2)

No comments: