Monday, September 22, 2008

Potty-training...

Over the last week Peyton and I have been working on getting her potty-trained. So not fun! After cleaning up what seemed countless accidents, I think she is finally starting to get it. (I was almost ready to give up after a few days.) I was a little upset the other night though. I have done most of the hard work in this training process and wouldn't you know that it is to her daddy that she first says, "I need to go potty" as she runs for the bathroom. No fair that for him she did it picture perfect!

After almost a week she is recognizing the feelings and going on her own. Yea!!! The suckers she gets when she goes have proven to be a great little motivator. I am now beginning to see the light at the end of this tunnel. Let me just say, I am starting to get a little giddy at the thought of no kids in diapers! :)

3 comments:

Karin said...

No kids in diapers!? Time to get crackin'!
I wish I could have seen you and your cute fam at the reunion.

Naomi said...

Ah, the joys of potty-training. Think of it as "crisis bonding" with your little sweetie pie. I have a friend who, when the doctor handed her her six baby, swore to me that her first thought was, "Crap. I'm going to have to potty train this kid."

Good luck! Remember how exciting it is when they "get it"?

Karl said...

How nice for you! --Jen