Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Triple Trio recording session...

On Monday Triple Trio (the womens group I sing with) had a recording session at Silver Creek High School. Apparently we were willing guinea pigs for their new recording/mixing class. We had a blast getting in there and laying down some of the songs we have been working on.

In just over an hour we recorded 8 of our songs. Many of them in one take. They are not exactly perfect, but on some of the tracks I think that we sounded pretty good. It will be interesting to hear what the final product sounds like. I wish we could have one more session and fix a few things. I was a little bummed because I went a little pitchy on a few licks of my solo on Operator, but we didn't have time to do it again.

Overall it was a great experience and I was so excited to have that opportunity (and that Becky made some of her amazing orange rolls for a treat afterward). I get the amazing opportunity to sing with some really phenomenal women each week. I really look forward to rehearsal every Monday. I love the friendship that we share and the beautiful music we can make together. The group has been around for about 25 years now, but by several accounts, this is the best Triple Trio has ever been. I am so pleased that I get to be a part of this group. It will be great to hear ourselves on a CD. So fun!

1 comment:

Karl said...

What fun to make music together. So, when does your CD release? --Jen