Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I heart Take Note!


I can't tell you how much I love and totally enjoying singing with my dear friends in Take Note! There is something so fulfilling about practicing and performing together. I look forward to being with these gals every week and creating beautiful music.

When I was first asked to be in the group, then Triple Trio, I was not sure if I could make time for it and if it would be worth it. It was rather quickly that I realized I was missing that part of me and singing with this group of ladies help me find it again. Now, 6 years later, I can't imagine my life without this outlet for creativity, hard work, performing, beautiful music, and good friends. I am so lucky to be part of such a wonderful group.

We have worked hard since September and now our hard work it paying off. This last Monday we had our first performances of our new Christmas program. I think it went really well, especially for our first ones. We also literally sang for our supper, or lunch as the case would have it. Last year, after having lunch at Cinzetti's all together, we ending up singing for the people in the restaurant. This year we planned ahead and made arrangements ahead of time to sing. When the head chef (or manager?) heard us singing he was impressed and offered to treat us all to lunch. That was sure nice of him. And I must admit, it tasted even better since it was free. :)

Over the next two weeks we have 5 more gigs planned. Hopefully I can get a video posted on here of some snippets of our program.

Thank you Take Note gals (past and present) for enriching my life! I love you!

No comments: