Thursday, January 12, 2012

Me at 36


Not quite sure where the time has gone. My mother certainly doesn't look old enough to have a child that is 36. I look at my 4 children who are getting bigger and more mature every day and I still think that I am not old enough or responsible enough to have kids. Time, despite some of my efforts and plenty of anti-aging cream, continues to march on. On November 19th I turned 36.

To celebrate, friends and I went out to dinner and then Breaking Dawn part one. I can't tell you how lucky I am to be surrounded by beautiful, charming, intelligent, fun, spiritual, and service minded friends. They make my heart so very happy. I keep hoping that by osmosis, or some other way, I will become all the things these amazing women are and hope they won't catch onto the fact that I am pretty much a big nerd and stop hanging out with me. I always feel better about life when I have spent time with my dear friends.

On my actual birthday Ken and I went on a date and then came home to watch the BYU football game. After 15 plus years that man still makes me weak in my knees. I am grateful everyday for how he takes care of me and our family. He is such a good man and I am so blessed to be his.

I wanted to do this blog post because so often in my scrapbooking I am the one behind the camera and I don't show up too often. But in recording our family history (and since this has become my journal) I guess I should record some things about me too. So here is me at 36...

I am a mom to 4 beautiful, passionate, fun-loving, smart, and crazy children.
I am the wife of a handsome, patient, understanding man who always wants to do what is right.
I love to sing with Take Note!
I am a voice teacher of about 12 students. I love seeing them progress!
I am a political junkie.
My hair hasn't been this long since high school.
I am still overweight, but I am working on it.
Sadly, though, I am the queen of yo-yo dieting. Working on that too.
Going to institute taught by Bro. Lehman is one the highlights of my week.
I still am trying to figure out life balance and self-discipline. Not so good at those things.
I am serving in the nursery right now.
I LOVE going to book club every month.
I am grateful that I still enjoy learning new things.
I still am working on the basics. I really had hoped I would have those down by this time. :(
I love watching BYU sports and cheering on the Cougars.
I love the people in my life deeply.
I am a daughter of God.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This is such a fun blog post! You are one of those people that truly shine to me! You have so many talents and are so beautiful! I chuckled when I read that you want to be like some of your friends because you are someone I wish I was more like! That's they way it goes I guess! :) it was fun reading about all your likes!

Unknown said...

This is such a fun blog post! You are one of those people that truly shine to me! You have so many talents and are so beautiful! I chuckled when I read that you want to be like some of your friends because you are someone I wish I was more like! That's they way it goes I guess! :) it was fun reading about all your likes!

Jen said...

Love the post! It's so fun to hear about the mom in the family. Great idea, Carli. I love you!

Melissa said...

That is an awesome list. For an awesome person. You rock!

Corinne said...

You are so darling. I think you've accomplished a lot of great things in your short years! :)

Elizabeth said...

Lovely, Carli.

And YOU are lovely, too.