Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Merry Christmas!

This Christmas was super sweet. We were able to travel to Oklahoma to my parents house. The very best part was that our whole family was there -- all four of us kids there together for Christmas for probably the first time in a decade. I can't tell you how amazing it was being together. It was so good for my heart to be with my family, watching the kids play together, and staying up late talking, and getting to know my new sister-in-laws better.

We traveled through the snow on Wednesday to get in late that night. On Thursday we were able to visit the Braum's plant. It was interesting to see the dairy, ice cream and other products being made. Then we went over to the bakery to see them making all the rolls, cookies, cakes, and ice cream cones. I am sure we all gained weight just by breathing in that delicious air. :) We all had a good time and then ate lunch at Braum's on the way home.

On Friday we went and saw Sherlock Holmes while Grandpa and Grandma were nice enough to watch the kids. (Good movie!) That night we had a family talent show and let me just say, this family has talent! Lots of wiggling ears, standing on balls, cartwheels, piano playing, and tap dancing. Wow!

On Saturday, Christmas Eve, we went to Medicine Park and took family pictures. I have to say, they went pretty well and everyone cooperated with me while I bossed them around taking pictures. I think we got some good ones. Check out the next post for the pictures.

On Christmas Eve we shared a delicious dinner and then the kids acted our the nativity while Codi read Luke 2. Then we had a special visitor -- SANTA! Clint had arranged for Santa to deliver a bike stand for Audra, which she loved! The kids loved getting to visit with Santa. After Santa went off to do his other deliveries, we continued our Christmas Eve celebration. As a family we performed Michael McLean's, Forgotten Carols. A story that uses Christmas symbols and ornaments to tell the stories of the minor characters in the Christmas story. Grandma was the story-teller and the rest of us sang and played the other characters. I loved how we all got to participate as we really focused on the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Before putting the kids to bed, they each got to open a gift.





Christmas Day we all got up and went to church. For me, taking the Lord's supper, the Sacrament, had increased meaning that morning as I focused on the Atonement of Jesus Christ and all that He has done for me. Then Codi and I were able to sing a duet about the birth of our Savior. I always have a great time singing with my sister and hopefully our baring testimony helped add to the influence of the Spirit during the meeting.

After getting back home, we had a fun time opening presents and being together. Then on Monday we all packed up and headed home. It was a treat being together for the holiday. I love my family!!!

No comments: