Sunday, April 7, 2013

Christmas with Family

I love Christmas!  I love everything about it.  I love focusing on the birth of the Savior.  The word "love" doesn't seem sufficient for my feelings for Him.  I honor Him.  I revere Him.  I praise Him.  I am eternally grateful for His love and His everlasting atonement.  I also love the symbolism of the many Christmas traditions we participate in.  I love giving gifts to loved ones.  I love singing and listening to beautiful Christmas music.  And I LOVE being with family!

We attended Christmas Eve Mass with Holly and her family.  It was a lovely service where Cooper and Peyton liked adding straw to the manger in preparation for Jesus' birth.  Holly made us a delicious dinner and we had the opportunity to take family pictures.






The next morning we opening gifts with our little family at home.  We were blessed with a beautiful softly snow that added to the peace of the morning.  That afternoon we hosted the rest of the clan for Christmas dinner, more gift exchanges, and a game night.  We are so blessed to have family nearby!

No comments: