Saturday, August 2, 2008

It was a blast...

Last night I went with some of my friends to the Breaking Dawn release party at Borders. We had a great time. First we went to dinner/dessert and the headed to the bookstore. Thanks so much to Tirsa, Kris, and Brandie for doing the legwork!

The raffle drawing for the first wristbands was rather fun. My ticket was off only one to get to be the first one to be able to buy a book. It was really cool that Kris and Jane won! The line went really quickly (and there were less there for the Harry Potter release last summer) so by just a few minutes after midnight, we already had our books and were headed home. Ken used all his powers to persuasion to keep me from reading all through the night.

I am thankful to Joette and Brandie for bringing their cameras...




2 comments:

Marie said...

looks like great fun! I still have to read the third one!

Ashley said...

How fun! I would have loved to be there but I opted out to get some sleep. However, i did go to King Soopers Sat. morning to get my copy :)