Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Pumped up!

I just got home and my adrenaline is totally pumping. For our church enrichment meeting tonight we had a self-defense class taught by Heather MonDee. She was incredible and very motivational. We talked about different scenarios and then learned about our personal defense tools. My favorite part was when got to actually practice our new skills on Heather's assistants. We did a simple palm, elbow, knee combination. But as I did those moves, screaming no at them, I felt really empowered. I am so grateful for the opportunity to learn these things. Now that was one awesome church activity!

2 comments:

shelly said...

I'm so glad that you had fun! I was really sad that I had to miss that one, I love being empowered!

joette said...

I'm sooo glad you loved it!!! I agree, Heather's totally amazing and her class is completely empowering. YOU totally rocked!!! I told Jed I wouldn't want to me you in a dark alley...you have incredible power in you!