Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Best of intentions...

Like many others, I usually have the best of intentions. My problem is that I sometimes have a hard time following through -- whether it is going back on South Beach, getting up early to exercise, or giving up something I know is not good for me. This summer I am working hard to follow through on the routine I have set up for the kids. I made the cutest chart for them to mark off when they have made their bed, picked up their rooms, watered the plants, practiced piano, and done their homework. For the first couple weeks they have enjoyed checking off what they have completed, now it is getting a little harder to keep them motivated. I know that these habits we are trying to form will pay off in the long run. This time I will follow through with my good intentions.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Good luck, you can do it!

Marie said...

Good Luck!!! I have the SAME problem.... why is it so hard to create new productive habits?!?!!? Anyways, I too haven't given up on my kids' summer schedule. Thanks for the blog, it's made me recommit!

mcojaadams said...

You read my mind! I have so many good intentions to follow through with this summer while home on maternity leave... I just hope the kids will cooperate as that will make it SO much easier!