Sunday, June 1, 2008

Colorado Republican Convention...

Yesterday I had the opportunity to be a delegate at the state republican convention. It was a neat experience to be part of our political process. I felt official wearing my credentials. :) I loved hearing the speeches from Colorado and national politicians. We had Tom Tancredo, Marilyn Musgrave (I really admire her!) and Wayne Allard give great speeches. We also heard from Bob Schaffer who is running for the US senate. He really seemed like a "salt of the earth" kind of guy. I think he will be a wonderful senator. We voted on party resolutions, delegates for the national convention, and national committee men and women. For me, the highlight was hearing the key note speaker, Governor Mitt Romney. He spoke on behalf of John McCain. (I still don't know if I can vote for him in the fall, but he is far less scary than Obama.) His speech was inspiring and reminded all of us what a great nation we live in. I really hope McCain puts him on the ticket, he would be an incredible asset. It was an eventful day and I am really glad that I was able to be there.

Mitt addressing the convention

No comments: