Monday, June 23, 2008

It's the little things...

Yesterday I was struck again by how fortunate I am to be married to Ken! I pretty much always feel that way, but I have to admit that I love it when he does something to remind me. :) Sundays are usually kind of hectic, Ken is busy with church meetings so we don't get to see too much of him and I have my hands plenty full with the kids.

Somehow yesterday I forgot my Sunday school manual and I had to teach my class. After I realized that, Ken helped me look several places to find an extra one, but no luck. So I headed to class to teach something off the top of my head, (I was going to do favorite scriptures and then teach them how to use the footnotes and look up scripture chains) hoping for the best, and wanting A LOT of class participation. We had just finished the opening prayer when Ken showed up at my door with a manual. He had continued to look for one even after I had gone to class. So kind and thoughtful!

I was asked to sing a solo for the closing song in Relief Society. It really tickled me to see him come in and sit down in the back. He had come into that room full of women to support me and hear me sing. Having him there while I sang really meant a ton to me. I am so thankful for the many little things that he does for me and our children that help us and make us feel so loved. It made for one of those days that I could truly say that my love for him grew and I loved him more than the day before.

It was a wonderful day!

3 comments:

alison said...

i noticed him coming in right before your song--i thought that was really sweet.

Paige said...

Hi Carli!! It was fun to puruse your blog! Sounds like life is treating you well. You sure have a huge vocal studio. That's fantastic! Cute kids, too! ;)

Chris Kline said...

I like it when he comes to watch me sing, too. :-p