Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I am a volunteer!

For those that have been reading my blog you will probably not be surprised to learn that I am a volunteer for the Mitt Romney for President campaign here in Colorado. I have never done anything like this before, but I am inspired and believe that Mitt can really make a difference. I am a community group leader for the tri-town area, Mead, Brighton, and Ft. Lupton.

In the community groups we will...
- help keep each other up to date on what is happening in the campaign
- encourage regular donations (however small or large)
- give handouts, flyers, bumper stickers, etc.
- organize members to attend public events (like parades or fairs)
- become more informed and educated about the political process

Is there anyone in our area that would like to join my group or become a group leader yourself? I am hoping in the next 2 or 3 weeks to have John, who is over the volunteers in Colorado, come and make a presentation to our group. The meeting will be at my house and yes, we will be having refreshments. :) If you would like for me to add you to my group list, please let me know in the comments section or just give me a call. I am hoping that we will have lots of support for Mitt here in Colorado and especially in our area.

I should tell you why I am supporting Mitt for president. First off, he has incredible executive experience in business, the Olympics, and in politics. He has shown a record of stepping into a problematic situation and turning it around. He has help saved companies like Staples, Dominoes, and sports Authority. He took the 2002 Winter Olympics that was scandal ridden and in debt and turned it a successful event that had showed a profit. He got elected as a Republican in Massachusetts and was able to work with the democrats to lower taxes and bring jobs to the state. I love how he approaches problems with a level head looking at it from all sides. I believe that he has common sense solutions to our country's problems. His vast experience as a business leader will be helpful as we deal with all the emerging markets in Asia. If there is anyone who could help streamline our bloated government, it is Mitt. He is a wonderful family man and stands for traditional, conservative values. I think that he would be a wonderful president and a very effective leader. Vote Mitt in '08!!!

No comments: