Monday, October 15, 2007

A perfect day...

A perfect day for the zoo! Morgan didn't have school today and it was Trevor's birthday (as opposed to his "pretend birthday," Saturday, which was the day of his birthday party) so we decided to have a fun day. It was simply one of those perfect Colorado days. The zoo was pretty empty despite the beautiful day. The leaves had changed colors and some had begun to fall -- just enough to make that wonderful crunching sound beneath your feet. The air was crisp with that subtle hint of fall. The sky was a stunning electric blue. Everything seemed to be in technicolor. The sunlight was warm and soft. Our pace was slow enough to really SEE everything, including that preying mantis that crossed our path. A delicious day for the senses!

The animals seemed to want to be out on a day like this. We got some great pictures. We saw the baby zebra and baby giraffe. So cute. The kids loved running around and riding on the train.

At the end of the day we met Ken at Cinzetti's for dinner. Trevor got to choose what/where he wanted to go for dinner. Everyone loved the pasta and the crepes. I'm not sure if Peyton could have gotten any messier while eating -- must have been good!

All in all, a perfect day.




Side note: If I believed in reincarnation, I would totally want to be a bear in the zoo. Someone else would be preparing my meals and cleaning my home. My biggest responsibility for the day would be hanging out and taking a nap in the sun while gaining weight for the winter. That would be sweet! (I guess deep down I am totally lazy, or at least I would like to be.)

1 comment:

Brandie Lyon said...

Hey, we were right next door at the museum. We should have hooked up!
Brandie