Monday, October 29, 2007

Mom's advice...

Last night I did something I never do. I went to bed early. Yep. I was in bed at 9:00! I took my mom's counsel and just went to bed. :) I think my crazy schedule is starting to catch up with me. I keep pretty busy. Take this week as an example; I taught about 20 students this week, rehearsed and performed with Triple Trio, took Trevor to his doctor appointment, attended a meeting for the interfaith choir which I am directing, attended book club, spent all day at super Saturday, stayed up late preparing all four (two of them big) projects that I was in charge of for super Saturday, passed out candy at the trunk or treat, attended a Halloween party, ran tons of errands, watched friends' kids, did my visiting teaching, phone calls for volunteering for Mitt's campaign, plus all those house things that never seem to get done. I think I was tired in every way that I could be tired -- physically, emotionally, and even spiritually.

I did take some time yesterday to listen again to Elder Oaks conference talk about good, better, and best. I am trying to figure out how I can apply it to me. I truly love most of what I do, but I am a little overwhelmed. Good thing I followed mom's advice yesterday. Things don't feel quite so daunting with a good night's sleep under my belt.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Wow, words to live by. thanks for sharing. I love your words of wisdom and insights.

Karl said...

Keep it up!...going to bed early that is. I have been guilty of trying to make up time after the kids have gone to bed. It's just so nice to have some grown up alone time that I have a hard time giving it up. It's not really worth it though because I'm worthless without enough sleep. --Jen