Sunday, January 27, 2008

President Hinckley

My eyes are red and tender from crying. We found out about an hour ago that our beloved President Gordon B. Hinckley passed away this evening. I love him so very much and I will miss his wisdom, testimony, and humor. I thank him for all he has taught me. How blessed we have been to have this dear man as our prophet. I have a strong testimony that President Hinckley was called by God to lead His church on the earth. I sustained him as a prophet, seer, and revelator. I will miss him but rejoice that he is now reunited with the love of his life, Marjorie. God be with you until we meet again...

3 comments:

Amy said...

I just found out the news a little while ago as well and am still in shock. It is so very sad for us, but there is no doubt that he is having joyful reunions on the other side. What a wonderful man. I will miss him so much.

alison said...

how blessed we were to have had him as our prophet while we were old enough to appreciate him.

xoxo --c. said...

i loved that he reminded us to 'stand a little taller' and 'try a little harder'. he will forever be missed -- there is only one president hinckley, dear man. thank you for your testimony, carli.