Saturday, February 23, 2008

My little cupid...

Just before Valentine's Day, Miss Jen, Trevor's preschool teacher arranged for the boys to go sing and pass out valentines at Cinnamon Park, a nursing home. The boys did such a great job singing You Are My Sunshine and two I Love You songs. The audience was enraptured and requested an encore of You Are My Sunshine. The boys then passed out valentines to all the residents. They were so cute!!! At the end, Jen asked me to sing an impromptu number. I sang one of my favorite songs, Someone To Watch Over Me. I thought it would be a good choice and saw many of the residents mouthing the words along with me.

Thanks so much to Jen -- the bestest preschool teacher ever! The boys love her so much, are learning a ton, and she is fantastic with them. I really appreciate the opportunity for the boys to perform this small service. I know Trevor really enjoyed the field trip with his teacher and friends.

Check out these cute singing cupids...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is the cutest thing!

Tirsa said...

That is so cute. I bet that made the resident's day!

Jen Bailey said...

I'm SO glad you recorded this. Watching the boys perform made my heart very happy. Thanks for sharing it with everyone.

Ashley said...

What a great idea! I love visiting the nursing homes- everyone there just loves you to death, as i'm sure they did those little kids! So great!